RÆSTART REPORT 3.0
COMMUNITY / January 22, 2021
Back on Earth Day 2020, we announced a RÆSTART. A bold manifesto for change and opportunity to reset, focusing on our three key pillars; DISRUPTION, INNOVATION and INSPIRATION with tangible actions towards a better future.
Since the beginning, we’ve wanted to involve our community and nurture the feedback and challenges that we receive. Indeed, we acknowledge our shortfalls and are working hard on your comments. Virgin materials, end of season sales and industrial dyes are some of those challenges we are especially determined to improve on. Please keep it coming so it can drive us forward.
DISRUPTION — Actions over words
- Our reusable, people and planet positive Great British Designer Face Coverings partnership with the British Fashion Council and Bags Of Ethics met its goal. Together we are proud to have raised over £1M for NHS Charities Together, BFC Foundation Fashion Fund and the Wings of Hope Achievement Awards.
- Christopher won a Fashion Award 2020, selected as one of the Honourees of the Environment category. This year's awards celebrated the individuals who have created positive change within the fashion industry and so we’re very humbled by the recognition.
- On Black Friday, we called for a global day of BUY NOTHING. RÆPAIR GLOBALLY. Attesting that the world is drowning in more ‘stuff’ than ever before and needless waste is rife, we encouraged all to repair what they have instead. Hoping to teach new skills and make mending easy, we launched our RÆPAIR patches alongside an accessible video tutorial.
INNOVATION — Make less, make better
- We recently introduced our brand new RÆBURN App. Developed as part of our latest digital efforts, the app gives our community prime access to all our content, boosts the brand experience, and ultimately makes our connecting with you even simpler.
- Similarly, we now proudly offer virtual one-on-one shopping via our HERO Live Chat functionality. Whilst our RÆBURN Lab retail space remains closed physically, we’ve been able to video call and support you in real time from anywhere.
- Recognising that we still have work to do on inventory management and a no-sales culture, our imminent SS21 RÆJUVENATE collection is all about rejuvenating our excess. Rather than eroding the value and craft of each piece through discounting, we have repurposed our leftover stock in an innovative way.
INSPIRATION — Transparency and the next generation
- We are making progress on our B Corp application, and have submitted the rigorous and comprehensive information required. We now await their audit and are hopeful that the radical transparency we pride ourselves on will be duly recognised in time.
- With the safety and wellbeing of our team a priority, we have joined the national Cycle To Work scheme. Not only will this encourage the team to further reduce fuelled and public transport, it also gives them tax free access to the joys of cycling sport.
- As remote deskwork continues to be the mainstream, our team has initiated RÆBEING - an internal move challenge, all in a bid to make healthier and more responsible lifestyle choices. We will be sharing more stories on this over the next weeks.
Most of us will have begun 2021 in a new state of national lockdown, yet another setback on itching intentions to get proactive and ignite change. At RÆBURN we know more tough months lie ahead - but we remain optimistic in craft, creativity and our community. Meaningful change will take time and effort to achieve; the time to act remains now.
We certainly have big ambitions for 2021 and are preparing something significant for our 1 year anniversary in 3 months time. We look forward to updating you soon with more tangible progress.
Till then, stay safe and stay creative.
Christopher and all at RÆBURN