RÆBURN are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated student to help support our Production Department. The candidate must be a self-starter, with good administrative skills (Word and Excel) and a can-do attitude when approaching tasks. Attention to detail and the ability to prioritise tasks are essential. You will be working in a team of interns and assigned tasks, on a daily basis related to important creative projects and alongside our in-house machinist/s you will assist with the development of our in-house production. You will gain valuable experience in a real-business environment and this internship opportunity will enable you to apply your academic experience in an intellectual and challenging working environment. All applicants must still be in education and have a good technical understanding.
Please note that you need to be currently studying to be eligibe to apply for this placement.
- Responsible for sending out production materials to CMT factories.
- Organization of all production trims and fabrics in the office.
- Monitoring stock levels of all raw materials in the studio
- Assisting in sourcing any necessary trims required for production.
- Assisting the Product Manager and Production Assistant as required, to ensure the critical path is maintained
- Quality Control of Production, including measuring samples and checking over general make
- Tracking and managing the movement of all samples and shipment size sets
- Archiving samples from previous seasons and creating packing lists/transfers
- Cross checking invoices with packing lists and purchase orders ready for sign off
- Keeping a log of faulty samples coming in and out of the business
- General Admin and support to studio
- Locally source materials and pickup/drop offs at local factories
- Pattern cutting
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Working towards a degree or equivalent qualification with a focus on fashion and/or marketing
- Good knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with high verbal and written English language proficiency
- Experience and knowledge of Pattern Cutting.
- Good knowledge of garment construction.
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise
- Able to think proactively and outside the box
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN / WE WILL TEACH YOU
- A thorough understanding of the structure working process of a small premium luxury brand
- Understanding of the production process including fittings, tech packs, construction and Quality Control
- Be aware of the critical paths in production and product development.
- How to professionally cut and prepare seasonal production for manufacture
- An in-depth knowledge of fabrics
- An understanding of our design and development process
- How to efficiently work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
You will be based in the company HQ; Studio 1, The Textile Building, 29a Chatham Place, Hackney, London, E9 6NY, United Kingdom
Internship vacancies at RÆBURN are only open for applicants who are available for a minimum of 3 months
Please note that this is an unpaid internship position but RÆBURN will cover up to £200 p/m travel to/from the studio.
Please ensure you include your résumé, cover letter and any other additional materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in RÆBURN.