PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (FULL TIME)
Christopher Ræburn has established his eponymous brand RÆBURN with responsible and intelligent fashion design for a global audience. This innovative approach, with an unusual balance of high concept, accessibility and wearability, is applied to menswear, womenswear, luggage and accessories. With a studio in the heart of east London. RÆBURN is stocked in the best stores globally and receives media coverage worldwide.
RÆBURN are seeking a Production Assistant to work out of our London Studio. Reporting directly to the Production Manager, this critical function will require someone with a large appetite to work hard, interacting with internal/external stakeholders in a fast paced, high energy environment. It will require someone organized and detail oriented with a strong understanding of the technical requirements of the products.
In this role you will work with the design, development and sales teams to ensure all garments are sampled, ordered, produced and shipped on time and to the exacting quality our brand and customers require. You will be expected to build strong supplier relationships, assisting with price negotiation, approving production samples, delivery schedules, logistics and ensuring accuracy throughout our production process. You will help to oversee both our in-house production unit and a network of domestic and international suppliers and manufacturers. You will also assist, from time to time, with the companies events and workshop schedule which is a growing and important part of our business and plans for growth.
- Build on the design process you will create comprehensive production technical packs and specification sheets, clearly communicating production techniques, garment detailing and measurements work
- Prepare BOMs (bill of materials) to be ordered/sent out to factories for pre- production sampling and production, including in-house production to include cutting and or overseeing the cutting of garments for in-house production
- Ensure the Production Gantt/Critical Path is followed and updated at all times and that material and manufacturer deadlines are met, prioritising in-house production according to the overall delivery schedule
- Raise detailed PO’s (Purchase/Production Orders) to Suppliers ensuring terms and deadlines are met throughout the supply chain
- Proactively source and counter source materials and manufacturers where required
- Visit suppliers to conduct quality control checks nationally and internationally
building on relationships
- Manage logistics for bulk production and sales orders, including booking and tracking deliveries
- Undertake quality control/inspections of Pre-Production Samples (PPS) and Bulk Production ensuring garments meet the exacting standards required, identifying and solving technical issues in the production process, making sure the production and manufacturing runs smoothly from sample sign off to delivery
- Manage and oversee the picking, packing, dispatch and tracking of sales orders to ensure timely delivery to all channels
- Manage intern schedule ensuring suitable cover for the department at all times, advertising and interviewing for Production Interns as/when needed
- Assist with the day to day management and tasking of Production interns
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, a degree in Fashion is preferable
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience, preferably within a luxury or premium apparel business
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- An understanding of Patterns and Pattern cutting is essential
- Ability to demonstrate strong production knowledge including garment construction, fabrics, compliance standards, production and manufacturing techniques for both fully factored and CMT manufacturing
- An ability to manage multiple supply chains across menswear, womenswear and
- Ability to work well with internal and external teams/individuals to ensure projects are delivered on time and to the required standard
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to demonstrate leadership in addressing, recording, communicating and resolving issues that arise
- Experience in the use of production management software, in particular Zedonk
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally to meet suppliers and conduct quality control inspections etc
- Understanding of, and an affinity with the RÆBURN brand
Working at RÆBURN is not just a job, but a career with many opportunities to learn and grow within the Company. You would be joining RÆBURN at a very exciting time as we continue to grow as leaders in considered design.
- Salary £22,000 p/a negotiable on experience
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Commission scheme
- Pension contribution
- Uniform allowance
- Generous employee discount
- Training and support to develop your career within a fast paced and growing business
Please ensure you include your résumé, cover letter and any other additional materials to [email protected] Thank you for your interest in RÆBURN.