LAB MANAGER (FULL TIME)
RÆBURN has been championing innovative and responsible design since 2009. The RÆMADE ethos in particular has pioneered the reworking of surplus fabrics and garments to create distinctive and functional pieces. Alongside this, a highly collaborative spirit informs luxurious, handcrafted and award-winning products with integrity and purpose. This innovative approach, with an unusual balance of high concept, accessibility and wearibility, is applied to menswear, womenswear, luggage and accessories.
Originally founded by Creative Director Christopher Ræburn, the company welcomed in 2018 brother Graeme Ræburn as Performance Director to focus on innovative materials and responsible design as part of the next chapter of the business.
With a studio in the heart of east London, RÆBURN is stocked in the best stores globally and receives media coverage worldwide.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head of Retail, we are seeking a highly energetic Lab Manager in this varied role to lead our retail endeavours through the retail Lab and other retail outlets as they arise. We need talented, dynamic and creative people with a 'can do attitude’ to take a lead and join us on our exciting journey. You must be a highly motivated, organised and confident working independently and to agreed deadlines. You’ll need to be friendly and used to communicating updates and working as part of the team. Availability to work at weekends is essential in this role.
- Actively look at ways of driving the Lab space as a commercial location which can be used to host events or activities in collaboration with other like-minded brands.
- Engage with the local community and relevant neighbouring businesses to drive brand and location awareness, increasing footfall and commercial opportunities.
- Help plan, prepare and host a range of events, tours and workshops.
- Engage and develop relations with the residents of the Textile Building. Build a sense of community between RÆBURN and our neighbours.
- Plan, organise and manage the RÆBURN Lab/Store, including opening and closing up, preparing the retail space and stock and being the main contact person for Retail, for staff and customers alike.
- Maximising profitability and setting/meeting sales targets.
- General Studio coordination ensuring the studio is maintained and organised at all times, so it is always 'Retail Ready’.
- Liaise with Head of Retail and Management Team
- Ensuring retail stock is well presented to agreed VM standards.
- Ensuring retail stock is well organised and correctly stored back of house.
- Install, operate, maintain or troubleshoot technical equipment, scheduling repairs and renewals of equipment Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Be the first point of call for all Retail related Customer Service enquiries including best in class service towards established and new Private Client’s.
- Develop retention of clients through relationship building activities.
- Develop growth of both RTW/MTM and BESPOKE clients.
- Ensure all leads are followed up and CRM is communicated and updated throughout the company. Ensure exceptional customer service at all times.
- Own retail inventory, coordinating with other departments as necessary to ensure all channels (wholesale, online and retail) records are kept updated and maintained.
- Acting as a Sales Manager during retail hours bring energy and knowledge to the sales floor, engaging and educating customers and converting retail sales and newsletter subscriptions, dealing with customer queries and complaints as they arise.
- Maintaining statistical and financial records relating to LAB/Retail.
- Lead visual merchandising of windows and LAB on a regular basis and in line with the companies Cultural Calendar to ensure the Studio and LAB are kept fresh and stimulating and in-line with cross-channel marketing activities. Prepare promotional materials and displays.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information.
- Sales drive: The ability to convert and maximise opportunities.
- Hosting and presenting to a group.
- Energetic, honest and reliable.
- Flexibility and adaptability with excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work under pressure with flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines > Exceptional written and oral communication skills focusing on attention to detail.
- The ability to be proactive and take your own initiative.
- Commercial awareness.
Working at RÆBURN is not just a job, but a career with many opportunities to learn and grow within the Company. You would be joining RÆBURN at a very exciting time as we continue to grow as leaders in considered design.
- Salary negotiable on experience
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Commission scheme
- Pension contribution
- Uniform allowance
- Generous employee discount
- Training and support to develop your career within a fast paced and growing business
Please ensure you include your résumé, cover letter and any other additional materials to [email protected] Thank you for your interest in RÆBURN.